Sunday, April 4, 2010

Working on Scala IO

I just want to let everyone know that I am working hard on a Scala IO library right now and as such I want to dedicate all my spare time to doing that. So (as has been the case lately) I plan to only update the blog 2-3 times a week. Once done with the library I will try to increase the frequency of updates on the blog.


If you have any topics or code snippets you think would be fit good with the block please send them to me at jeichar.w@gmail.com.

Jesse

3 comments:

  1. Great! A good IO library is really needed. I hope its open source. I also hope that java7 with the path thing will soon come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The code is at:

    http://github.com/scala-incubator/scala-io

    There is occasional discussion on this on the google group: http://groups.google.com/group/scala-incubator

    I have not been discussing it too much lately because I am trying to actually implement it and try it out rather than discuss it endlessly.

    As for Java 7. The API is based on Java 7 API but I am starting with a Java 6 port. In the end I want at least Java 6 and Java 7 implementations. I also need to ensure that the .NET guys can create an implementation for it.

    It is still early days for this project but very important in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this is a very important project, and that code speaks more clearly than words. Many thanks for spending the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete